Three Wallingford teens are acting in a coming-of-age production of a Broadway musical titled “13.” The teens are part of a group called Broadway Bound, in partnership with A Contemporary Theatre in Seattle. Jason Robert Brown’s “13″ opened on Broadway in 2008, and featured the first all-teenage cast to appear on Broadway. Among the actors are Wallingford students Jeremy Berdin, Justine Cameron and Michael Kaczkowski.
The cast of “13″ performing “A Little More Homework,” photo courtesy of Broadway Bound
Broadway Bound will also feature a solo concert by the composer Jason Robert Brown on December 8. He will be a special guest at the opening night performance on December 9, and will conduct a talk back with the audience after the performance.
Kendra (Mary Armintrout), Lucy (Sarah Torres) and Brett (Michael Kaczkowski). Photo courtesy of Broadway Bound
- Thurs., December 8, 6:00 p.m. (Preview)
- Thurs., December 8, 9:00 p.m. JASON ROBERT BROWN IN CONCERT
- Fri., December 9, 7:00 p.m. OPENING NIGHT
- Sat., December 10, 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Sun., December 11, 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Fri., December 16, 7:00 p.m.
- Sat., December 17, 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Sun., December 18, 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Tickets for the show are available online or through the ACT box office. Broadway Bound Children’s Theatre is an all-inclusive acting program, which means any child who auditions becomes part of the acting company. The group serves more than 1,000 young actors from more than 100 schools, ages 5 to 18, every year. Broadway Bound also offers need-based scholarships to low-income students.Tweet