Daily news blog for Seattle's Wallingford neighborhood

My Wallingford header image 2
 

Wallingford fire ruled accidental

Posted by Kate Bergman on December 8th, 2011

Firefighters have finished their investigation into the two-alarm fire in the heart of Wallingford last night. They have determined that the fire was accidental, caused by the electrical system, Lt. Sue Stangl with Seattle Fire says.

The fire started in the southwest corner of the bedroom of the residency behind the restaurant. Today you can see that the home has been gutted by fire. Stangl says that the building sustained $160,000 in damage and $30,000 in content. On the scene last night we learned that the elderly woman who lives there was able to escape uninjured.

Passersby stop and look in the windows of Kitaro Sushi Bento

There was also $40,000 in damage to neighboring businesses. Most sustained by the dentist office. We went in and spoke with the office staff today who tells us that they’re aiming to be back open by Monday.


“Our firefighters did an excellent job, were able to contain most of the fire to that one structure,” Stangl says.

Molly Moon’s was so thankful that firefighters were able to save their business that they opened back up and served free ice cream to the firefighters.



Tags: Uncategorized

  • Eliza Lagerquist

    Does anyone know where the woman who lived in the house is? Is there anything we, as neighbors, can do for her? Thanks!